Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

200 OX66 Dropping out when I hit waves...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 OX66 Dropping out when I hit waves...

Ive got a 2001 ox66 that cuts out for a second when I hit the boat comes down after hitting a wave when running offshore, then comes back up to speed....seems to happen less when I have the motor trimmed up more. The starboard motor doesn't do it, only port. Also runs very rough for a few minutes after *****ing for a few hours. Any ideas? Got it home, checked the fuel filter on the side of the motor, also ran it and jiggled the ignition wires under the dash, and wires and hoses under the cowling. Can not recreate problem in the driveway. Any suggestions???

My guess would be a bad wire connection on engine, battery cables, electrical harness plugs or ground wire on engine block, could be the main relay.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

cut out

i have the same problum when i hit a wave or at full throdel from plan i put a gage on shrader valve and the pressure drops below 20 psi and jumps back up?

Comment

Boats.net sounds like he called it. Good luck finding that problem. Please let us know where the bad wire is so we can double check our motors. Cheeez I hate these kinds of problems...
        1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
        1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

hit waves

Had a simular problem, found main power source from battery to engine with a small rub on power cable, when trim would shut engine down stay in normal position keep running.

Comment

I had the same problem with my 01 250 ox66, we chk everything and it came down to the 2 micron filter in the vst tank, when trimmed down the vst tank is on an angle compared to trimmed up,, I would put money on this one, the other motor will probally start acting up soon as mine did . let us know on how you make out , courious on this one
            Last edited by Dr1532; 08-01-2010, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X