water pressure gage not registering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water pressure gage not registering

Here I am again. 2008 Yamaha 115 4-stroke, water pressure gage not registering. Was told won't work on hose hook-up. Took it out on the water at 3800rpm, gauge does not work. What next ? Kink in line maybe, is it something coming out of the block I can check. What is preventing pressure from going through that tiny hose that hooks into the gauge ??? Don't want to spend $300 to find out from a shop. HELP! HELP!!

Thank yoU!!!

Could be a kinked or plugged up water pressure line, or could be water pump problem.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

water pressure gauge

How do I check this? I put a compression hose on the line I disconnected from the block.

Comment

Apply air pressure to tubing, no more than about 20 psi air pressure and should see gauge needle move.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

water pressure guage won't register

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
          Apply air pressure to tubing, no more than about 20 psi air pressure and should see gauge needle move.
          But where do I disconnect that from to put the air pressure to the tube??

Comment

Disconnect it from engine block or from back of gauge.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

water pressure line

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
              Could be a kinked or plugged up water pressure line, or could be water pump problem.
              Do I need to put boat in water since not enough pressure from engine with garden hose when I test it out---after I re-route water pressure hose that I know is kinked..Thanks

Comment

Yes it may not show any pressure running on flusher.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                X