Checking percision blend pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking percision blend pump

Hi all ,,How can i check to see if the percision blend pump is supply oil to the carbs.

If you follow the oil lines from the pump the go to the crank case not the carburators
    To check proceedure you have to consult a service manual tells you all about it !

Its worth buying a manual at the end of the day . you may never have to do a major overhaul but to do things like you are wanting it all in there!!
    Last edited by tunnels; 05-06-2010, 02:50 AM.

Comment

any more advice

Comment

If you are unsure put oil in gas to make sure engine is getting oil, mark oil level on oil tank and run engine and monitor oil use.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

You didn't say what engine you have so this reply relates to my 1986 115 motor. My Clymer manual for my engine tells you how to check the pump flow. First make sure you have a gas/oil mixture going to your engine. Disconnect the oil line behind the carburetor let it drip into a small measuring cup for cc,s. The manual tell you the RPM,S and the amount of time to measure the oil as it drips from the line. I am at work so I don't know what the correct numbers are but they would be listed in a manual if you have one.

Comment

Working...
          X