overheat Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overheat Alarm

I have a 2002 yamaha vx250 and the over heat alarm went off today. it was a steady alarm. I just had the water pump and impeller replaced in jan, 2010. I was woundering what could cause the alarm to go off? Thanks in advance.

It might be a water alarm in the main (under the cowl) fuel seperator/filter. Dump the filter bowl and change the element while you're at it.

Comment

i replaced that filter in feb. of this year, could this still be it? I was also told to replace the impeller again but i was thinking that if it burned up after 5months there must be something else going on but i am no mechanic thanks for the response.

Comment

The alarm will go off if overheats or oil level low, the water in fuel will only go off when in neutral. If you know it's the overheat alarm then start with water pump, check thermostats and pressure control valve.
        Last edited by boats.net; 05-17-2010, 07:15 PM.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
          The alarm will go off if overheats or oil level low, the water in fuel will only go off when in neutral. If you know it's yhe overheat alarm then start with water pump, check thermostats and pressure control valve.
          Question if I may. If the oil level in holding tank is empty will that sound the alarm? I started mine today and after 3 or so minutes it sounded. But there was no water coming out of rear as normal....Thanks for your imput..

Comment

sounds like it is time to replace the impeller again at least that should be the first thing u check then pull your thermostat and boil it to see if it opens like its supposed to.

Comment

Working...
            X