carbon fouled plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbon fouled plugs

what can cause plugs to foul so fast, could 3-4 month old ethenol cause engine to run bad and plugs to foul. thanks in advance. regards actionc

Actionc,
    I don't know about fouling your plugs, but stale ethanol fuel is a sure way to get your engine running like garbage.
    Throw out the old fuel ( disposed properly, of course ) and get some fresh fuel and add either Yamaha fuel conditioner or Stabil. Both fuel stabilizing products that will keep fuel fresh for longer periods.
    Since I did the above, my motor has ran smoothly and reliably.
    You will be amazed at the difference, and you won't be sorry.

Good luck !.

Comment

Gas gets old much faster than it used to and will definitely cause spark plug fouling. Use Stabil Marine and Ringfree all the time to help with fuel system related fouling. A spark plug sand blaster is also a little tool from Harbor Freight Tools that pays for itself over and over. The Pennzoil 100% Synthetic Outboard Oil smokes, carbons and fouls less, I've used it for several years with great results. Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks for your feedback, Im running a 2001 1820 actioncraft with a 2001 150 hpdi, I use marine stabil and ringfree in all of my fuel ups, and with doing so my issue was plugs and now it is humming like its supposed to. I also change and clean my filters regularly. regards actionc

Comment

Working...
        X