Take off power and Emergency starter valve questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take off power and Emergency starter valve questions

I just found this site, *** what great information. It certainly will continue to be a favorite. Thanks everyone.

I have an 04 Yamaha 60 that is idling a little rough and doesn't have the power coming out of the hole that it should. After it planes up it seems to run okay, just not as fast as it should. This boat had set up a long time before I bought it last year and I had to remove and clean carbs to get it running. I am wondering if I got anything out of adjustment or missed something in cleaning. I seem to be smelling alot of gas. Any advice appreciated.

The second part of the question is the emergency starter valve. When the manual first illustrates this is shows it an "up" postion and then states that if it is used it should be returned to the "closed" position (which is down) I am confused and wonder if mine is in the wrong position and that is why it isn't running good. The manual isn't clear about it at all. Any information on what this thing does so I can better understand it's proper position would be appreciated as well.
    Thanks again for all the great information here. I

what model 60 i take it as a 2 stroke

Comment

Sorry... The id tag reads --- 60TLRC
      And yes, a 2 Stroke

Comment

give the carbs a clean most likely gummed up from sitting and check the fuel pump diaphragm on the engine side that it not leaking .

Comment

Originally posted by huntingrev View Post
          I just found this site, *** what great information. It certainly will continue to be a favorite. Thanks everyone.

I have an 04 Yamaha 60 that is idling a little rough and doesn't have the power coming out of the hole that it should. After it planes up it seems to run okay, just not as fast as it should. This boat had set up a long time before I bought it last year and I had to remove and clean carbs to get it running. I am wondering if I got anything out of adjustment or missed something in cleaning. I seem to be smelling alot of gas. Any advice appreciated.

The second part of the question is the emergency starter valve. When the manual first illustrates this is shows it an "up" postion and then states that if it is used it should be returned to the "closed" position (which is down) I am confused and wonder if mine is in the wrong position and that is why it isn't running good. The manual isn't clear about it at all. Any information on what this thing does so I can better understand it's proper position would be appreciated as well.
          Thanks again for all the great information here. I

The emergency starter valve on the prime Start system has 3 positions:
          Normal
          Off
          On

It should be run in the Normal position for normal operation of the motor.
          If there is a blockage in the prime start system on carb and it will not start or is hard to start, then in an emergency you could put the switch into the on position to start the motor and then turn to Off to run motor And make it back to dock and then have system fixed.

Comment

Working...
          X