91 Pro V 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 Pro V 200

Hey there, my engine starts fine. Once it's in gear, it's boggs and stalls out.
    The problem started at the end of the season and I sprayed in some carb cleaner but that didn't help. Also there is oil on the bottom of the compartment..I wiped it up, started it, revved it up high (while spraying the carbs) and the oil is back...I can't see where it's leaking from.
    I want to get my ski season started early..HELP!
    Thanks

Spaying carb cleaning into motors will only hurt them, it will not clean anything.
    The carbs need to be pulled and cleaned properly and then adjusted.
    Also check the fuel supply system for proper pressure/ vacuum and clean replace the filters.

Comment

So...I pulled and cleaned all the carbs.
      I blew out the fuel line from the bulb to tank and found a blockage in the elbow joint into the tank..cleared it.
      The problem still exists!
      Is it possible that I need a whole new fuel line?
      Also, the elbow joint.
      Does it have to be 'air-tight'?
      The elbow and the tank are both aluminum and the thread is worn, so it's basically just fitting in the hole -not screwed in.
      ---Thanks for the advice on the spray. I gotta get this fixed before my father-in-law starts in on it not being a Merc or Johnston! haha

Comment

Lines should be sealed to where they will not let air in one the suction side of of the fuel pump or fuel out on the pressure side.

Comment

Hey there....haven't had the chance to work on it lately...I'm getting the tank issue fixed next and then try a new bulb....I'm thinking that it's the bulb...I hope it's just the bulb...I mean, all the other stuff needed to be done at some point...I had also replace the fuel pumps with new ones...(that was my first guess). Anyway, I'll let you know how I make out with the bulb...
          Thanks Dude!

Comment

Working...
          X