Ethanol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethanol

What is the aceptable amount of Ethanol fuel we can use in our yamaha motors . I heard Ethanol gas will will mess up the engines. The local filling stations in our area sell E10 or no more than 10% Ethanol in their fuel, will this fuel(gasoline) mess up our engines? I know rather not use it but it looks like that is what we have.
    thanks
    hlmoore

you're not going to find an alternative.

The motors can handle it, it's your fuel tank and fuel lines that are the problem.

If your boat and motor are fairly new there should not be an issue. If your boat is say 10 years or older I would have the fuel tank cleaned, varnish and build up will disolve in the ethanol and begin plugging up your fuel system. Also the new fuel lines are rated for the ethanol, old ones will break down and collapse causing poor fuel flow.

Comment

Ethanol

I have a 2002 Yamaha 150 TXRA on a 2002 Blazer Bay 21 Bay boat

Comment

Looks like we're stuck with the E-10(10% Ethanol) gas, be sure to install a fuel/water separator(Walmart $27) to help keep water/debris out of your fuel system. Also use a gas stabilizer like Stabil Marine. I've been running the E-10 gas for years with no problems at all. It's O.K. as long as you deal with it. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
        X