1988 70 etlg water pump question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 70 etlg water pump question

i was checking the part numbers and couldnt figure out if the water pump repair kit #6H3-W0078-00-00 includes an impellor and everything i need. the motor is running great , except my last time out, i noticed the "stream" was really weak, sometimes just a trickle.it would fluctuate with the throttle considerably. it didnt run hot, but i want to fix it before that happens.i did check the hose and intakes for clogs/obstructions to no avail. and the season is here so i want to know what to look for.checked outthis site before and found some answers to other questions. couldnt find anything searching so if theres any help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks, -Jack

It sounds like just need to replace water pump, yes water pump impeller does come in repair kit. Kit includes everything you would need, it doesn't include water pump housing if yours is melted or distorted then would need to replace it as well.
    Last edited by boats.net; 04-14-2010, 09:52 PM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

You also may want to check for partial blockage of the indicator outlet and tubing.

Comment

thanks for the info.. i checked the tube where it exits from by disconnecting the side from the engine and blowing air through it. it's all clear.. i wouldnt think the housing would be melted because it is still flowing. i guess i won't know until i get it apart. although i did notice when it wasnt flowing through the"pee tube" there was excess water coming from the vent below the cowling. thanks again for the help. - Jack

Comment

Has this motor got a water pressure relief valve as it maybe jammed open bypassing the water

Comment

Working...
          X